A monstrously fun new series from John Kloepfer, author of the fan-favorite series The Zombie Chasers, now in paperback.
Freddie Liddle has a big problem: Monsters. Giant, fire-breathing, electric-shocking, bone-crunching monsters are attacking his town. Even worse, it’s Freddie’s fault. After drawing monsters based on the meanest bullies in his class, Freddie used his school’s 3D printer to make models of them. But the last thing he expected was that the monsters would come to life and keep growing, and GROWING, and GROWING.
There’s just one way to stop these oversize beasts: recruit the bullies, since only they know how the monsters think. But teaming up with his worst enemies is Freddie’s worst nightmare. Can Freddie make friends with his bullies and save his town, or will the monsters have the final ROAR?
- Critical Praise:
- “The monsters are the real stars here, and readers may appreciate the inventive steps the kids have to take to bring them down.” - Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
- Praise for the Zombie Chasers series: “Kloepfer’s first is a Zombieland for the middle-school set: funny, off-color and extremely gross. A great pick for the child who thought Diary of a Wimpy Kid just needed more motile corpses.” - Kirkus Reviews
- Praise for the Zombie Chasers series: “A quick, fun read, loaded with jokes and middle–school sarcasm.” - School Library Journal
- Praise for the Zombie Chasers series: “If there’s an award for the grossest descriptions of zombies, Kloepfer would win it. Preteen boys will love it.” - St Paul Pioneer Press
- Praise for The Zombie Chasers 2: Undead Ahead: “Written with tongue firmly in cheek-and other body parts all over the landscape-this book will appeal to reluctant readers, particularly middle school boys.” - School Library Journal
- “Frequent illustrations and a goofy plot make this a good choice for reluctant or emerging readers and fans of Dav Pilkey’s “Captain Underpants.”” - School Library Journal